Inbox

Monday, December 23, 2013

A Snow in New England



Snow!!! I have lived in the quaint New England town of Marblehead for 3 1/2 years and I still cannot figure out if I love the stuff or hate it. I know, a guy should have figured out by now if he loves it or should he praying that Global Warming is real and it gets here really quick.

I live in the perfect New England town, the kind you see on post cards and the kind of place that movies try to make people think all of New England is like. I do love my town, the beaches, the people, the friends and the arts but I am not sure on the snow.

Living most of my adult life in either Oklahoma or Southern California means that when I see 4 inches of snow I think it is a blizzard. I really can only remember one white Christmas in my life (not counting living here) so I do get a kick when I see the white stuff. I still get a thrill when the winds pick up just a little and the big flakes come tumbling down.

The problem I have is that I am the only guy in our household, even counting the pets so I am the one who gets to dig the driveway, sidewalks and porches clean of the magical white stuff. Listen up (I do not want to get beaten when my family reads this) all of the women have volunteered to help shovel but I am a guy and it hurts my ego to think I need help with a "mans" job be women.

So as I sit here looking over the weather forecast for the next few days I am torn, do I want a White Christmas and all of the beauty and joy that comes with it or do I want to be able to relax on Christmas. I guess after this rambling I will vote for as much White Stuff as possible...... I am still a kid at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment