Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Lance M Hillier Sr
I got home from the pub one night and my then wife said, "I can't believe how intoxicated you are."
Denying it I said, "I'm not, not, (hic) drunk." She said, "Yes you are."
I said, "No I'm not."
She said, "Can you tell the time?"
So I walked up to the clock and said, "I'm not so, sho, drunk, shee?"
I tried that thing today at the gas station where you try and stop the pump bang on what you want to pay, but let it go a fraction too late and it stopped on $20.03.
"Rats!" I shouted and walked into the shop to pay.
"Unlucky, pal," smiled the attendant, who'd seen what I'd done. "Don't worry about the extra."
"Thanks, pal," I said as I handed him my ten bucks and split.
The Perks of Being Over 40...
1. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
2. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
3. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
4. People call at 9 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won't wear out.
8. You can eat dinner at 4 P.M.
9. You can live without sex but not without glasses.
10. You enjoy hearing about other peoples operations.
11. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
12. You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.
13. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
14. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
15. You sing along with elevator music.
16. Your eyes won't get much worse.
17. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
18. You can't remember who sent you this list.
Answering Service At The Mental Institute
"Hello, and welcome to the mental health hotline.
If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.
If you have multiple personalities, press 3,4,5, and 6.
If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the line so we can trace your call.
If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will transferred to the mother ship.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a small voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are manic depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, no one will answer.
If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the hash key until someone comes on the line.
If you are dyslexic, press 6969696969.
If you have amnesia, press 8 and state your name, address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, and your mother's maiden name.
If you have post-traumatic-stress disorder, slowly and carefully press 000.
If you have bipolar disorder, please leave a message after the beep, or before the beep, or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.
If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9. If you have short term memory loss, press 9.
If you have low self esteem, please hang up. All our operators are too busy to talk to you."
Lance is a great friend who has had his up and downs in recent times but has never lost his sense of humor. Please check out his work and spend the few bucks and get one of his books.
""Common Sense Solutions for Life(SM)"
Time tested techniques used by thousands over the years to lose weight, gain study skills, and tickle one's funny bone...
Common Sense Diet Plan Was 19.95, Now only $9.99
READing is the PITs Study Guide Was 18.95, Now just $9.99
Joke Books Only $3.99 each...
Lance on Amazon