Inbox

Friday, May 20, 2011

Marblehead - The Semi-true Story of it's Founding


This blog is about my personal life and my day to day experiences and I have been greatly remiss in not even talking about my new home, Marblehead Massachusetts. Let me start off by saying that it took me a simple trip of almost 5,000 miles to get here but that is a story to itself. When I first planted my feet in this burg I realized that I had found home, a place filled with preppys that also had a very strange streak of individualism and arts that runs deeply through it.

There are a few things noted about this fantastic little town, one is that it is the birth place of the US Navy another is that it is the yacht capital of the US and that it got its name from the cliffs over looking the ocean. When the people were sailing in they thought that the cliffs were made of marble but after they named the site they did a little closer inspection and realized that it was just seagull poop on the rocks.

My secret theory about how Marblehead became populated has to do with the town next door, Salem.... yes, that Salem, the one with the witch trials. My theory goes along the idea that when all of the wackos in Salem decided to go after women that were too pretty and accuse them of witchcraft then even kill them that all of the beautiful women anywhere in the New England area became concerned for their lives. The concern was felt as well among fathers, uncles, mothers .... well, anyone that had a beautiful female in their family.

These elite few realized that the only way to protect the beautiful women of New England from the evil witch hunters was to band together, in which they did. They all congregated in Marblehead and started their own town. Today Marblehead still benefits from those first courageous founders with the wonderful bounty of beautiful women and guys like me that found one that even liked him back.

I love my new home and would never think about leaving Marblehead Mass. until I die because I am pretty sure that heaven is the only place that could even come close to giving it a run for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment