Inbox

Friday, May 6, 2011

Women and the NBA






I am a sports fan, anything that requires talent, skill and athleticism I am going to try and watch. Now there is one major exception and that is NBA basketball I find watching a great NBA game to be about as exciting as watching the girlie men play soccer. Now before you go nuts about me making fun about soccer please remember that in the US it is pretty much the only sport that moms are happy about putting there daughters on the same teams as boys. There are actual soccer leagues for children that do not even bother to keep score.

Back to the topic of women and the NBA. I have tried off and on to get into watching the NBA for many years but it just is to boring for me. Several years ago Oklahoma City brought in an NBA team and I knew that I had to give it one more shot or all of my friends would think there was something deeply wrong with me.

My Mother, out of the blue, decided that she was going to be a fan of the OKC Thunder. I watched a few games with her and found that I still did not like the game but I did enjoy watching my mom go nuts over all of the intricacies of the game. It got to the point that I would try and make time every time a game was on so I could watch my mom go nuts. Nothing like having some good parental time with your mom while watching the NBA.

Long story short, or at least shorter, I moved to the Boston area and Judy (my wife) turns out to be as big of a fan of the Celtics as my mother. I have to say, she goes just as batty over the game as my mom does. This has led me to believe that the NBA, just as soccer, must be a sport for women. I have now gotten into the habit of watching all of the games with Judy and actually am beginning to enjoy it.

I am not sure that since I am starting to get into watching the NBA if that means I am becoming more tame or just becoming a sissy but I really do not care..... it is the NBA and they will have at least one guy watching the playoffs this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment