Inbox

Friday, July 27, 2012

Hippie Woman










There are days when a guy just has to stand around with his mouth hanging open all day simply because he is so slow on getting pop culture that he just assumes the world went nuts. I seem to be having more and more of these days and I guess it is because I am an ancient guy in my 40s.

I am out in public the other day and I start looking around and noticing all of the neo hippie chicks hanging around and trying to look cool. I go into a store and they have upper end hippie rags plastered all over the store and go into a grocery store and notice how much vegetarian hippie food there is. All of this evil hippie movement of course has driven me to the edge of insanity but hey, this too will pass.

There are a few things I just do not get about the latest hippie craze. The first is why anyone would want to dress and act like some antiquated group from the 60's that burned the brains on drugs and smelled awful because of their lack of showers. This seems to me to be about as smart as trying to look like a person in federal prison or a caveman....... why would you want to do it?

The next thing is simply the big bucks being made by big corporations off these left wing wacko, politically correct protesters. You know the people who scream about all of the rich people but love their mall clothes and would be shocked that teachers in America are part of the top 1% income earners when you count the whole world.

Now I have no problem with vegetarians but I have always wondered why a person who hates the thought of eating meat will go out of their way to buy some food product that tastes, looks and feels like meat but contains nothing even close to animal flesh. To my old and musty brain it seems like it would be like a Jewish person loving bacon flavored potato chips because they contain no bacon and are kosher.

This is the way my poor brain is rambling today...... hopefully I will learn to be hip and cool in the near future and understand these oddities.

No comments:

Post a Comment