Inbox

Monday, July 30, 2012

Mutant Crabs




Welcome to the great state of Massachusetts, home of witch trials, drunk Kennedys and mutant creatures that sound like something straight out of The Simpsons. The photo above is of a 3 eyed fish from Argentina (something about a power plant fits into the story) I used the photo of the fish because quite simply I never took any pictures of my mutant crabs.

There were several of us that headed to a beach in Salem not to far from a power plant. The government promises that the water is safe to swim in, catch fish and simply hang out on the beach. We decided to catch a few of the crab around and then let them go, we flipped rocks over and waded through the water and caught tons of them.

The thing that started bothering us were the strange colors that they all were. They came in every color of the rainbow and a few even sported a few extra legs and such. Now I know the color of crabs and even know the number of legs they are supposed to have and these things honestly were freaks. I thought it was kind of funny and just assumed they were an inbred family of shellfish but Judy pointed out how close the power plant was.

I love living here and now that I know that Massachusetts is as cool as The Simpsons and Argentina I am even prouder then ever for choosing to move here.

No comments:

Post a Comment