Inbox

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Today I Realized I am Old



Over the last couple of days old age completely crept up on me. I do understand that if you are not old like I am then you simply will not understand the concept that old age just jumps out of the bushes and whacks you over the head, knocks you down and when you finally get your old dusty bones working again and manage to get to your feet you realize you are now old.

I do have to tell you that I do not feel any older then last week and I still do the same stupid stuff and consider music stale and old if it was released more then a few months ago but none of that makes me not old. The realization came from my relationship with my wife, I know you would think it would have to with our girls but they all thought we were old more then a decade ago.

There has now been 4 different times in 6 days that has made me face reality.........

I will not go through each eye opening event because it would be to painful (for me to recall and you to read) but I will tell one story very briefly. My sweetheart who still gets guys who are young enough to be her son to rip their head off their neck when she walks by, and I were walking down the beach holding hands. We were not doing anything more then looking for shells, kicking sand and a little flirting when two girls walked up to us and one said " I really hope that when my boyfriend and I are your ages that we can still be in love like you two."

Now, I like that people think we look like a cute couple, smile at us and aspire to have a relationship like we have but when ever I look around and see what I think is an old couple that are "cute" they are like in their 70's...... I guess now it is time for me to wear my paints up to my arm pits, eat dinner at 3:30 and drive like I am in a bumper car and there is nobody else on the street.


But I will still flirt with my wife no matter how old I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment