Inbox

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mexican Smoke



Ok, first things first. The picture is not smoke nor does it have anything to do with Mexico but it does look cool. It is supposed to be a picture of a ghost from some old cemetery north of Boston but who knows. I do not buy into monsters and such but I like the photo and it is from my media stock photos that I keep on file that I have taken in the past. 

This blog is about Mexican smoke so off we go.

I never really had allergies of any kind till I grew to be an old man at the age of 30. Something happened and every spring and fall I would get these splitting headaches based somewhere in my sinuses. I know, I am just a wimp to even gripe about them but my wimpishness is not even up for debate.

I always assumed that my "problem" was caused by pollen or some other evil creation but after a few doctor visits I had a profound announcement given to me.... I sat nervously waiting for the doctor or even a  nurse to come in to tell me the results of my tests as I sat in the little room at the doctors. I was beginning to get antsy to the point that I was trying to figure out how many of the little rubber gloves I could steal before the doctor would notice that something was askew. Finally the door opened and with out any Pomp and Circumstance I was told that my head throbbing was caused by "Mexican Smoke".

Now, I am not a pot smoker nor do I even care for the idea of altering my reality because quite frankly my real reality is strange enough that I do not need any kind of help in that department. I suggested that the Doctor do a blood test or even bring me his deepest chamber pot so I could prove that my belief on the (non) success of Americas drug war had nothing to do with me using drugs.

The Doctor laughed and explained that it had nothing to do with drugs but instead had to do with winds picking up smoke from Mexico and blowing it my way. The farmers clear burn their fields before planting and that is why I was getting the headaches at specific times of the year. 

I solved all my problems by falling in love with a woman who lived about as far from Mexico as you can get. Now as long as the French Canadians do not start burning stuff then I am going to be ok. But, all of this does make me wonder how many other people have strange allergies.....

6 comments:

  1. Stupid people, they give me headaches and make me feel sick.

    TFW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. Loved it..Allergy season will be in full force soon..I dread the headaches

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly do not get the headaches I had in Oklahoma. I guess it does have to do with no Mexican smoke...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your headaches were annoying but I still luv ya!

    Luv ya 4eva
    Lex

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey sweetheart,
    I emailed you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey everybody I want to say no matter what I love my dad! Even with his used to be headaches! LOL

    Luv ya 4eva
    Lex

    ReplyDelete