Inbox

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thanks







In very simple terms...... thanks.

Being a good American, Independence day is more special to me then almost any other day. Our great nation was founded, built and protected by a long stream of men and women who were willing to gamble it all based only on an idea.

When we think about the uniqueness of the American people we start to realize that what makes us great is not the color of skin, the national origin or even how we pray to God but instead it is based on the simple premise that all men are created equal and we have rights given to us by God.

I cannot thank our founding fathers personally but at this time I would like to thank those who are (or have been) in the military, this includes the families that also have had to sacrifice their time away from their loved ones in the military, those who offer their time to help the needy and the men and women in neighborhoods all over this country who stand up and shine as a beacon for the children in their neighborhoods.

We are a great nation and I for one realize that I owe so many people who have made it great. My daughter and I are free and live in the best country in the world because of people like you.

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment