Inbox

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vampires, Werewolves and Smurfs



I was sitting outside the other day when a young girl and her mother stopped by to talk for a little while. The mother and Judy had a few errands to do and I was asked if it was ok if I watched the young lady for awhile. Since I do like children and my brain had come to a dead end I thought that it would be a great break in my routine.

She started telling me a story about "Avatar" and I asked her if it was the movie, she proclaimed that it was not but instead a video or TV show. I then asked if the people were blue and she said "No, they are white..... well not real white but more like the color of a ghost with a tan". She then went on to explain that Smurfs were just the blue Avatars that were not very smart and were born with really bad birth defects. She then said we should be nice to them because they were nice and they could not help the way they looked.

I started working again as her story kept going on but I was listening (well, kind of) and then she stopped in her speech, stood up and became quite animated as she started telling more of the story. This time it had something to do with vampires and werewolves but I could not keep up with her excited voice. I assume the reason I could not keep up was that I am real old somewhere in my early 40's. This means my brain is old, dried out and I have no imagination.

After about 30 minutes of this wondrous story of people the color of tanned ghost, blue people, smurfs, vampires and werewolves I finally asked her who would win in a battle against a vampire and werewolf. She looked at me like I was as bright as a three day old road killed possum and said that everyone knows that vampires would always win against an ugly werewolf.

I then told her how I am of Viking blood and this set her off telling me all about my people and the great hats they have. She was excited to think that I might be a real Viking and decided that Vikings can beat up everyone, vampires, werewolves and even the Smurfs.

I did learn some interesting things from my young friend.

1) Smurfs are mutants
2) Avatars can be blue or the color of tanned ghost
3) Vampires always beat werewolves
4) Vikings are the top of the food chain
5) Children still do have imaginations.

The new blogs will be available for public viewing soon, including ones that preview our authors and musicians from EMP, one for humor, political inside info and the infamous e-blog. If you have information or would like to submit anything for one of the new blogs please either email or inbox me on Facebook.

The e-blog will have limited access for a month or so. If you would like to have one of the 20 invites please email me at fmcd2010@gmail.com. First come first serve.

7 comments:

  1. I wish there were other men who had the character and love of children that you show. You are a very rare catch and I only wish that you lived closer. - Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are great, I wish more people would enjoy them instead of just complain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I have PROOF of Diane and friends stalking your blogs. I will call you and email you the info this afternoon.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, I have PROOF of Diane and friends stalking your blogs. I will call you and email you the info this afternoon.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sending you info on "PB", he is a fellow stalker of hers. This is an insane group of people Michael, you should see the crap they spew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Steve for the help.

    Doing great, SV (I think that is who you are). Give me a call on my private number.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweden it is - ;)

    ReplyDelete