Inbox

Thursday, June 24, 2010

To Much Estrogene

                                                           Lynard?


I am a guy, 100% filled with testosterone that oozes out of every pore on my body. I love the manly sports such as AMERICAN football, rugby, hockey and even the occasional "pull my finger" contest. Recently though, I have found myself in the realm of estrogen city where I am literally the odd MAN out.

I have found myself surrounded by women where even the pet cats are female. Judy, her daughters and even my new friends all seem to be of the female persuasion. This is fine with me but I lack that time when a good burp is something to be proud of instead of something you suppress like a deep and honest feeling.

There are two saving graces to my horror story of brewing in the female hormone and that is Larry and Danny. One is an 18 year old NASCAR fan who even gets his girlfriend to work on cars and the other is a guy around 70 who has taught me when to shut up and just smile. Wisdom can be found in both of these guys but I would have to say the 70 year old has proven that you can live around women and not be killed in your sleep.

It does make me wonder when there is an outdoor party and Larry and I are the only guys. There is a shed in the yard that the women all claim cannot be unlocked and then they start laughing about some guy named Lynard that is buried in there. When the conversation turns to this poor soul whose ghost lives in the backyard I look towards Larry for reassurance but he just stands there with a smile on his face and his mouth shut...... I guess that is why he is still alive.

I do enjoy my life and love the fact that women add so much more too whom and what I am but I will always be a guy. One of those odd creatures that love violent sports, rare steaks and needs to ask if my pants match by shirt or if I even need to wear pants. Thankfully there will always be friends and loved ones that are female and can help answer such deep questions. It is great that the Creator made us all so different and even better that he made at least half of us smarter to help the other half.

5 comments:

  1. E Blog, check it out, new pix and info. Some people will always be stupid no matter what. lol

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..a good friend once told me the secret to his marital bliss revolved around two words:

    "Yes, dear."

    ;-)

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women, what more can I say. :)

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the post and the cover is beautiful.. Chime in with the females, you can learn alot

    ReplyDelete