Inbox

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can't I Not Be More Clear



The last couple of days I have been communicating almost 100% via email, texting, IM and Facebook and today going back through the logs I realized that this wonderful digital age does not make us more detached from the "real" world but instead magnifies our inability to communicate clearly to our friends, family and business associates. Being unclear is nothing new it is only that today we can be unclear to so many people in such a short time.

Just out of sheer curiosity or maybe that I was to lazy to actually write something original I decided to take a few lines out of my electronic communications to show what I mean. I would like to say that if taken in complete context some of these would not be so odd but as we all know when we communicate by electronic form rarely do we go back to remind ourselves what the whole conversation was about. These lines were all typed by me and sent via email or IM in the last 24 hours and hopefully nobody will be offended that I am showing what I had to say to them.

1. Yes, I would like a big igloo but it does need a fire place.

2. She really does look just like Sandra Bullock if she only had dark hair, brown eyes and different skin color.

3. He said he wanted to try and sleep with another woman but he blames me that his wife wants to divorce him and I do not even know his wife.

4. Yes, it is hard for me to be a Jewish girl in America.

5. I am not sure that I could change into my wetsuit on the plane.

6. So.... you are telling me that rats are not good to eat but that mice are? and you want me over at what time for supper?

7. Yes I heard ***** died and yes I do believe you when you tell me how close you two were but did you know he died almost 5 years ago?

8. I really do believe that most women born in Mexico are considered Hispanic at least in most cases.

9. You want me in New York in 2 hours...... I am in the middle of nowhere, 3000 miles away and I doubt that I will make it to the interview on time. Do you think you could stall him for a couple of minutes?

10. I felt that to my core and you were not even here.

I know that taken out of context some of these seem unreal but the fact is if you look back through your old emails and such I am sure you will find that you are as strange as I.........

5 comments:

  1. I saw on your wall the Jewish girl comment. Will you at least give me a hint about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL That is funny, especially #6. That one had me ROFL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have to say I have strange friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally figured out how to follow your blog! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan, I am glad you did figure it out ..... :)

    ReplyDelete