Inbox

Friday, February 12, 2010

My Secret Crush




We are headed towards Valentines Day so I am sticking with love, ok not love but more of an adolescence crush on a girl. I am a grown up mature male and I will admit that I have a secret crush, this person has no idea that I like her and the truth is she probably will never ever know it. If this woman ever found out about my crush I can promise that she would not care on iota.

I was talking to Ava Aston (the singer) the other day by email and she had the audacity to pull out a pin and pop my secret crush balloon. I had confided to Ava about my secret crush and she pointed out that this woman was not perfect, as a matter of fact she may have committed the greatest sin known to man. Ava explained in just a few words that Sandra Bullock was a liberal.

Now I need to explain about this crush, EVERY man, woman and most children have a crush on some movie star, singer or other pop culture figure so please do not act like you do not. Having this crush is not really with the actual person but it is with the fantasy of who this person would be in real life. I can easily handle Sandra being a far left Liberal because in my minds eye she is secretly right of center.

This is where many people fail, the crush has nothing to do with sex nor does it have to do with wanting to meet her. I am sure that if I ever had the chance to talk with Sandra Bullock I would be greatly disappointed. Neve Campbell was once my secret crush but I got stuck talking to her two different times once at a party and later we met at Fashion Island and I lost interest of the fantasy quite quickly.

So for this Valentines Day I am making a resolution to never talk to Sandra Bullock (like I will ever have the chance) and let the image in my mind be the reality that I enjoy. If I see the real life Sandra Bullock walking in my direction I will turn and run away to save the imaginary Sandra from falling off her pedestal.

I would like to point out one more thing. A real woman with flaws and imperfections is ALWAYS 100X better then a fantasy crush. Real women are the ones that men fall in love with, want to adore and live the rest of their lives with and would do anything for while a fantasy is just that, something that can be here today and gone tomorrow.

Hope you have a great Valentines Day..... with a real person and not a fantasy.

9 comments:

  1. Michael, I like Sandra Bullock too. I haven't heard that she's a liberal, but unfortunately, most of the celebrities are so it wouldn't surprise me. I hope you have a great Valentine's Day as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I also have a (not-so-secret) crush, and it just so happens to be on Sandra Bullock's husband, Jesse James. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan.... your not-so-secret crush is safe with me....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her too. She's a great actress and adorable to boot. Her latest movie was phenomenal. If you haven't seen it, "Blind Side" is a MUST SEE. "The Proposal" was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is sad is I have not seen the movie yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have a chance at a relationship ... go for it! I'm sure you can change everything about her after you are in a committed relationship.

    Though come to think about it, it hasn't worked for my wife ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is funny Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're obviously not in the Air Force because their motto is "aim high"...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did aim high, fantasies do not have to be perfect in real life.....lol

    ReplyDelete