Inbox

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Friends and Enemies




To much work means boring blog.....:)

The last couple of days has really made me aware what friends mean to me and how little people who call me an enemy mean to me. I want to be clear, I do not like to be accused of being an enemy to anyone except truly vile people but sometimes a person claims the term enemy for reasons that really are puny.

Friends... I have mentors who can slap me upside the head and I would thank them for the honor. I have old friends that we can talk about when we were kids and I have new friends that make me want to learn how to catch crabs, cook them and then eat away.

I have had a hard couple of days in getting everything done that needed to be accomplished. This morning I was given a gift (actually it was given a couple of days ago) and I sat stunned, amazed at the generosity of my friend. I honestly could not grasp the depth of it. A simple photo of a rose placed in a setting that was perfectly arranged. My last few hard days melted into nothing, my heart skipped a beat and I smiled. I knew that I was special to this person, I had no doubts about it.

I have a friend that has held my hand (not literally) and walked with me through the mine fields of the past few weeks. I see them pop up in an email and I smile. A true friend that I would do anything for and I mean anything.

Friends are special, they each bring a bit of themselves into my life making me a better person and willing to expand my horizons. Because of new friends I want to learn how to drum Native American style, catch crabs, play in creeks, drive on sand dunes, go shopping (not really that one but I will let them take Alexis and I will tag along), try new foods and enjoy life even more then I ever have.

Enemies... I honestly do feel sorry for the few who see me as a foe. I have many people that we fight on the field of business but are friends when we leave. I know that most of the people who see me as the enemy have not been able to understand the concept that "business is business but life is to live". There are a couple who also just need a scapegoat and I was selected for that job. I really do not mind doing that for them if it will ease their minds.

I really have been working to much so I have nothing to write about today but this whole concept of friendship has really been on my mind. I hope that everyone has at least one friend, the person that they can confide in. I also hope that when looking for friends that you can keep an open mind and let people into your life that will further open your mind to new opportunities.

To my friends both new and old.... thank you.

5 comments:

  1. That is a really interesting way to think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance, Sr aka TexMontyFebruary 17, 2010 at 8:39 AM

    I'm right proud, Michael, you consider me a friend, as my life has been brightened by your insight and wisdom... fwiw... Moi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully written, Michael. You truly write directly from your heart and soul which makes the words even more meaningful.
    One suggestion though...definitely go hunting for crabs but please don't eat them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, I am not Jewish...:)

    But I do seem to eat quite Kosher.

    ReplyDelete