Inbox

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sleep, The Edge of Reality




I hate sleep, it is so boring, you actually lay there doing nothing for hours on end. How can people talk about doing nothing for hours upon hours and claim to love it. In case you have not noticed this entry is being done in a hurry because I have to get out the door.

When a person dies you say Rest In Peace.....? I hate to tell you they are not resting they are dead.. Try looking your wife or husband in the eye just as they go to bed and say "Rest In Peace dear". I highly doubt they will rest in peace.

Segue should go here but I am in to much of a hurry.

I can say that I have not had a nightmare in over 25 years, I do have a strange type of dream sometimes. While I seldom dream this one seems to be the norm when I do. I tend to be a monster, mass murderer, vampire or other fantastically evil creature. Things go along great as I kill and maim the poor innocent people around me until somebody figures out the creature was me.

The whole town comes after me with pitchforks and torches, just like in the old Frankenstein movie. I fly over the countryside ( I never walk in dreams, it seems I always fly ) easily escaping them until some how they get me in a corner. This is sometimes where a wake up but usually not, if I continue the dream some I end up with a weapon in my hands and kill  leader of the mob. This makes every one else in the mob either go home or hang out and have coffee with me.

I actually had a friend who was a psychologist explain that was the most bizarre reoccurring dream he ever heard of. He thought it had either to do with the freedom of mind I have and the horror that I  think people around me want to corner me into normality or I really should not eat tamales bought out of the trunk of some guys car.

I love trunk tamales so I am going with the other idea..... what ever that means.

3 comments:

  1. ROFL Michael, you are very funny sometimes! :-) AWF

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Importance of Sleep:

    http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/importance_of_sleep_and_health

    http://www.howstuffworks.com/sleep.htm

    http://www.apa.org/topics/sleep/why.aspx

    http://www.emedicinehealth.com/sleep_understanding_the_basics/article_em.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Michael and will do ANYTHING you want. Mandy

    ReplyDelete