Inbox

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Love Letter (the past becomes the present)




I wrote this on Valentines day of this year. I can now actually say that it has come true. I have edited it and did so in bold face. What do you think about my ability to foretell the future?








This is Valentines Day and I have discussed love for the last few days so why stop now. I have a love of my life but it is my daughter and she will leave one day to go out on her own. This is a  letter that I am writing for my future Valentine, the one that I will find one day, or maybe she will find me.

Dear Valentine, (Judy)

I am thankful the most that I have found a women that desires to have a relationship with God. Not a women who knows the right words or praises God aloud and then is vile in private. All of the attributes that I have fallen in love with exist solely because of your desire to be a woman of faith.

Men go to war and kill and die for the image of a fantasy women while men who love a real women go to work everyday, comes home and works around the house, makes sure that the little things are said and done for a women that they love. You are not perfect in this world but you are the perfect woman for me. It seems that God created you just for me. Do I get irritated at things you do? Do I find every second of every action perfect? No, but I do realize that you are a gift and I should cherish you as the gift that God Almighty has given me.

When I look at you today I see the true beauty that you are. While you are physically beautiful today you will be even more so to me when you are 80 because I will see and understand even more of what makes you beautiful. I want to know that I can hold your hand when you are 80 and see the twinkle in your eye that for so many years has made me heart pump faster and my mind go delirious with the love I feel for you.

My goal in life is to make you happy, to bring joy that you would not have had if it had not been for me showing you the preciousness of the gift that God gave me with you. When all is said and done and we are sitting together in old age I want you to be able to look at me and still be able to be thankful that you said "I do" (has not said "I do" yet). We will have spats, disagreements even arguments but when we are nearing the final days of our lives I want you to know that it was worth it because you had found a true love.

Love, your Valentine
Michael.

There will be a day that I find my Valentine in the future I may or may not have already met her but I want to make sure that this letter or one like it can be given to her and she knows that it is true. (I have found her and she is perfect "for me")

Sorry for the sappiness but hey, it is my blog......:)

7 comments:

  1. I don't think it's "sappy". I like it. She is/will be a very lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made tears come to my eyes. I pray you will find her soon as I am sure she wants to find you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so full of crap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I think I have found the man of my dreams, are you for real or just a fantasy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Michael you got me with this one. I have to confess the tears were streaming down my face. This is lovely and I hope you find all you're hoping to find and much happiness.

    ReplyDelete