Inbox

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Never Want an Ordinary World

Today was a let down, I had nothing explode in the kitchen, I did not talk to any of my friends that said something so odd that my brain exploded nor did I get to go on the treasure hunt with Alexis because of the rain. This leaves me to ponder the deep recesses of my brain to see if my life is going the way I want it to.

The answer is obviously to me, my life is fantastic and I enjoy every second of it even with out exploding food or exploding brains. I am getting ready for another short trip and am going alone but I really am my best company. My biggest problem with being alone is I keep interrupting myself and that really does get annoying.

This is just one of those days where I actually am a bit melancholy, not for myself but because there are people who I deeply care about that are having a very rough time and are making impossible decisions. I find it odd that I feel not just sympathy but actually feel the pain with them. I guess that is what happens when you move past just a kind hello to a true personal relationship with people.

I think my life would be more a "ordinary world" if I just did like most people and follow the required hello, I will pray for you and saying that is okay you will get better. I NEVER want to be ordinary, I want a life that has the highest highs but that requires the lowest lows and that is fine with me. When I am 84 and I am standing on that beach I want to look back and KNOW I did not let a second pass, a chance go untried and a life lived for that one moment in time. Then I will be happy to leave this earth.

Sorry for the lack of exploding pizza today........

1 comment: