Inbox

Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Hearts Desire

I am having a strange Saturday, Alexis is not around and I decided to contemplate life goals and what it will take to obtain them. Goals are good and needed to have a successful life but I received an email from a friend that asked me directly what my hearts desire was. I was ready to shoot off the standard, happiness, peace and good health when I realized that is not actually what a persons heart of desire is. It is more then that, it is what will fulfill your life, what will give it meaning, what is it that God can give you now that will make your life special.

I desire God and understand that my soul yearns for a close relationship with the creator and this is the driving force behind living but this is something I am 100% in control of. God does not run away but reaches out to us so once again not really the definition of hearts desire. Psalms 37: 4-5 tells me directly what has to be done to obtain this goal "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

Then the question comes what is the desire of my heart. I know that it is not wealth, fame, own a large business, be politically connected, good looks, women, great car or even a huge home. Looking into myself I realize the great desire of my heart is truth, honesty and a person who is always there even when they do not feel like it.

This requires so much from myself to obtain that it would be easier to become President I believe. If I want truth then I have to be truthful, if I want honesty then I have to be honest and if I want consistency then I have to be consistent....these are all very hard to do 100% of the time, I believe we all try not to lie but to be honest is very different.

So.... this is what is going through my head right now. A bit deep for me but this blog is about what happens to me on a daily bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment