Inbox

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sandra Bullock


I had the honor to speak to some 4th - 5th graders today, nothing fancy just the regular stuff. Before I speak to any group young or old, few or many I always psych myself up a bit. I had been doing the old trick of invisioning myself as being as good looking, popular with the ladies and rich as Brad Pitt but this morning I saw a picture of him and that pretty much blew that idea. Maybe if Brad took a bath, was nice to people and did not look like he was Elton John type gay it would still work.

This really was not that big of a deal so I walk in and did my stuff. Towards the end of my time I asked if there were any questions and sure enough a guy raised his hand and said "why did you not use a teleprompter" now, I personally thought that was funny but all of the children just stared at me. Then one child said because he does not have to show people he can read because he can think as well and the whole room broke up in laughter. It was right at that second that I was glad that I was in a strong Republican school district.

When we left the school I was talking to a friend of mine who told me that since the Brad thing was out that I should envision the room filled with the hottest movie starlet around. This of course would not work because I could not even speak a word if I were in the room with one person who looked like Sandra Bullock let alone a whole room. I guess this little problem of mine needs to be thought about before I speak again.

(full disclosure, I had a friend email me today about a girl that I always thought looked better then Sandra and he mentioned that she made a comment about looking a bit like her....smart girl)

2 comments:

  1. "... because he can think as well..." and this is not a political forum, with this hanging out there from the mouth of a babe. I'm stifled, I'm stifling... priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just quoting the kid.... It was great but even better that all of the other kids got the joke as well.

    ReplyDelete