Inbox

Friday, April 23, 2010

2:30 am





Just in case you have not figured out yet I have moved to a small town in Oregon. The whole concept of rolling up the sidewalks at 8 pm does not apply here because there are not enough sidewalks to roll up in the first place. I was "warned" by several people that there is nothing to do in town once the sun goes down and I (a person who does not sleep) would find myself bored out of my mind with nothing to do in the middle of the night.

I found myself at 2:30 am not ready to go to bed yet not having anything to do either. This was the first big test over the question of my choice of moving here. Would the slow pace of things and the lack of "cool" things to do in the middle of the night kill off my joy of the new town I chose to live in? It was a good question and I was going to find out the answer even if I did not like it.


I ended up talking to another night owl and we talked for a while. This was great and I enjoyed the conversation but I still wanted to do something. The young lady mentioned we should go for a walk and enjoy the evening air. I jumped on this idea and we took a strole down a tree lined path where bears and other wild beast reside. This is exactly why I moved to the area..... nothing can beat the crisp air, the HUGE trees and being amongst the other creations of God.

I realized while walking and talking that if I lived in a big city I would have ended up in an eating establishment guzzling coffee and eating burritos. That is nice to do every now and then but it does not compare to great company and the fantastic creation of God's doing. I made the right choice to be here, there is no other place on earth I would rather be. How could I give up such a fantastic place to live and enjoy just so I could get a burrito at 2:30 am.

The next time I am up at 2:30 am and crave a burrito with java I will remember that God's creation of nature will always out shine man's creation of a tortilla wrapping up a bit of filling...... I do love Oregon.

4 comments:

  1. Happy for you, Bro :-)

    ..tell me when you are done unpacking so I can visit! Hahahaha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, if I were you, I'd never leave either. Ohio sounds drab in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah all the cougars are out and looking to dig their claws in ... need repelant hahahah this is fun to watch all the lonely desperate women try ... amazing

    ReplyDelete