Inbox

Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Easter Like No Other



It is Easter morning and it will be like no other Easter in my life. This day is the ending for many things for me but will also be the beginning of so much more. Easter is a wondrous day that we look back and remember what God has given us, the gift of absolute love.

My personal tastes always make me a bit irritated with the image of Jesus on a cross on this day. I understand the importance of his death but to me the most important thing for Easter is the miracle of his resurrection, the proof of his promise of things to come for me. Jesus showed an act of pure love on the cross and then gave proof that the promise of God will occur not just for him but for me as well with the event we celebrate on Easter. I do hope that each of my friends, readers and loved ones have a true understanding of the imagery of Easter. This is not a sermon of hatred, spite or cruelty but one of faith and love.

I am thankful for my friends and since I will have little communications for a few days I hope that you do well. If you need to reach me I will try and let a few people know how to get me. Please leave a message on the blog or send one to East Side Girl. I will also try and make sure that others know how to reach me..... till we "meet" again may God bless you deeply and truly.

Just one more thing to my wacky antisemitic brethren....... Jesus is a Jew!

5 comments:

  1. "Easter is a wondrous day that we look back and remember what God has given us, the gift of absolute love." For me, so is the crucifix. The Resurrection was indeed proof of His divinity and the promise of things to come. But, to me, the crucifixion was where He saved us from our sins. Salvation itself was accomplished on the cross, and that is why some of us carry the crucifix as a reminder of what it took to deliver our souls - No less than the willing sacrifice of the life of God Himself. I don't mean by this to be angry or to "make you wrong" because some people tend to gravitate toward Christ in the Resurrection, others on the cross. There is nothing wrong with any of it. I just want to clarify why some of us find deep and profound meaning in the image of Christ on the Cross. Thank you for taking the time to read my message, and I appreciate your witness to the Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well said, Carol! On Good Friday I think about Jesus being crucified a lot during the day and of course feel a deep sadness. Then the Resurrection gives me joy and hope again. I guess I tend to balance both.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to say but jesus was cruisified on thursday. hall lindsay had a big sermon on that subject was right on and awesome to see some one stand up and tell it right.im thankfull for his ressurection means i have life and a way to reconnect with god our father.


    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think Lindsay could be wrong. Jesus rose on the third day. Friday being the first, Saturday the second and Sunday the third day. No one knows the date of Christ's crucifixion or resurrection. The same is true for His birth. It's the event that's important not the date. If it were important the Gospel writers would have told us the actual day.

    ReplyDelete