Inbox

Friday, April 2, 2010

Tripping Over Dead Bodies




I am running around, making phone calls and stopping in to see people I have not seen in 135 years (a slight exaggeration), I plan on doing this till I make it to my new home state. The interesting thing to me about all of this is the number of dead bodies I keep tripping over. Please understand that I do not have a field somewhere stuffed with dead people that I need to bury but instead I am talking about the dead in a metaphoric way.

When I see people that I have not seen for years it is sometimes a joyous occasion and other times it is a great reminder why I decided not to see them in the first place. The strange visits always seem to be with girls I once dated or even worse the parents of girls I once dated. I actually have very few women that I broke up with that hate me and many of them are still great friends but there is always that one odd ball that decides that either they love you or they hate you. These precious people are the ones that seem to pop up even when you are not looking for them at the most inopportune times. They are the ones that seem like the dead dog in your front yard that whenever you leave your house you have to look at it even if you do not want to.

Let me be honest here, I was not always the super nice guy that I am today. There actually was a time in my life when absolutely everyone in the world did not love me like they do today (for the few people who read this blog that have brain cells that number in the double digits, this part was sarcasm). I did treat a few people badly and even today I still feel bad about it. Most people I have made up with but every now and then a part of a dead body pops up and slaps me across the face.

There are times when a dead body pops up and there is nothing that feels better then running over and kicking it a few times. There are some people who keep talking, acting and well, just are great at being a zombie. Zombies are those dead bodies that actually walk around and keep showing their worm infested face for no other reason then to try and irritate you. I actually have one zombie that has been around for 30+ years, I did something to them in grade school that I have long forgotten but evidently they have not.

I have several more dead bodies to trip over and probably a zombie or two to still see. I guess with all of the moving, seeing loved ones possibly for the last time and traveling around my brain has finally cracked and this blog is what oozed out of the crevice. I really cannot wait to get back to some normality but till then I plan on kicking some zombie rear, meet new people and continue my adventures.

4 comments:

  1. This article is so true, we all have dead bodies to maneuver around..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my friend are to much. Your journal will have a lot of interesting pages in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait til it's published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to this particular blog, Michael! awf :-)

    ReplyDelete