Inbox

Monday, April 26, 2010

I Am Not A Vampire .... Yet




This blog is where I spill my guts, tell the truth and generally give people ammo that they can use against me. When I was but just a child I discovered the mythical creature called a vampire. The creature fascinated me but for reasons most people would never grasp.

When kind adults would ask the age old question to a young lad "what would you like to be when you grow up" I knew the answer immediately, it was always one of two answers. I never did say police man, fireman, doctor or even cowboy but it was always lawyer or vampire. Today I see the humor in my choices because they both do have much in common. (please note that I do have great friends who are lawyers but none who are vampires)

When a kindly old lady would ask the question and I would spew out vampire it usually took just moments before she was telling my mother that I was probably brain damaged and also needed to have evil spirits exorcised from me. I will say that my parents were at least kind to my disillusionment and listened to what I had to say. Considering my father was a preacher he could have easily gone ballistic that one of his sons went around telling people that he wanted to grow up to be the Prince of Darkness. My mom and dad instead listened and did not trash by boyhood dreams.

When I was asked why I wanted to be a vampire the sucking of blood, murder, pact with the devil and other evilness never did even cross my mind. It really seemed simple to me and a great idea to aspire too. Vampires (from what I knew) had the best clothes, always had the best looking women, lived in castles or at least mansions, stayed up all night and could get people to do what ever they wanted by just looking at them. I knew in my young heart that no fireman or cowboy had it so good and I would just leave those jobs to kids who were boring.

Vampires were simply cool..... they had and did everything that a child could dream of. Superman never had it so good because he was stuck with one babe (yes I was girl crazy back then but I did grow out of it ), hid who he really was, never had tons of money and had to were glasses most of the day. Werewolves were hairy stinky creatures that lost control, stunk and slobbered on themselves. Growing up to be a vampire really made sense to me as a young child.

Today when people ask me what I do for a living it always triggers the memory of wanting to be a vampire. It does make me a bit rueful that I failed at my first dream and never grew fangs but I can say that today I may not have the best clothes, even one woman who likes me or live in a castle yet I am proud that I can say I have stayed up all night more then once.



This is my 100th blog on this site. I am averaging over 2400 page hits a day with over 18% of them from people who live in my new home state of Oregon..... 13% from Oklahoma. Thanks for reading and I hope that you have a wonderful day. I would suggest that you watch out for vampires though while visiting this blog because I am still trying to figure out how to change into a bat.

10 comments:

  1. Michael, I like your way of thinking! When you stop seeing your reflection in the mirror, that's when people should worry about you! LOL awf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I think you must be one the way you have so many women admirers. I know you have me under your spell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~~~~~~~~No wonder you do not like to sleep~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Allways wanted too be a wooden stake so to be driven into the evil hearts of the undead, such as you.;) DRH-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will try and give you a call today or tomorrow Dustan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the first time since I have been reading your blogs, you have truly scared me, Michael... just to imagine you with fangs makes me cringe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excuse me!!! YOU are NOT girl crazy! LOL

    ~tn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought this was a fun and light hearted blog Michael. I was entranced by anything having to do with the supernatural as a child and still am in more spiritual ways. I liked your take on the glamor of being a vampire. I never thought of wanting to have super powers as evil when I was child. My favorite shows were bewitched and I loved scary movies and happily rode the Joy bus to church on Sundays.Oh, to have that unprogrammed, childlike innocence again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your log. I have been Blogging for ... 79 days (had to check). You have a great perspective and the ****'s to speak your mind! I try to do the same on my Blog. It's not always popular to state your views on abortion and same sex marriage but I do it. Most people today just ride the fence... or hide behind it and I am sick of it.
    Great job and I look forward to reading more posts!
    "bout time someone else had an opinion!!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete