Inbox

Saturday, April 3, 2010

It Is Finished




Today is the last day of just running around back and forth to see my grandmother and helping my parents move fragile items. I will actually leave Oklahoma  tomorrow (maybe Monday considering Easter) heading down Route 66 to the 101 and then go north. I want to take my time and enjoy every minute of the cross country trip. I did want to spend time with my grandmother who is VERY ill and make sure that if I did not get to see her again that I would be satisfied with my last goodbye.

I am very sober realizing that there are many people that I will never see again. Yet, at the same time it is a moment filled with the thrill of the opportunities that lay ahead of me. I could not have made it if I had not had such great friends. People who watch my back, who help when I need help and those who just pop up to say that they support me. I am grateful for my long time friends as well as the new ones that I have only recently met.


Instead of the simple I-40 or other easy route I plan on taking the tried and true route 66.....and then the Pacific Coast Highway.

Well if you ever plan to motor west
Travel my way, take the highway that's the best
Get your kicks on Route 66

Well it winds from Chicago to LA
More than two thousand miles all the way
Get your kicks on Route 66

Well it goes to St. Louis, down to Missouri
Oklahoma City looks oh, so pretty
You'll see Amarillo, Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona, don't forget Wynonna
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernardino

If you get hip to this kind of trip
I think I'll take that California trip
Get your kicks on Route 66

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqrKxBhKdFM



I hope everyone has a great Easter and I will stay in touch with something a bit more entertaining next time.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us posted. I'll be praying for you and your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Trails to you.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~~~~~~~~~KEEP SMILING~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete