Inbox

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Am In Love!!!!




There are many types of love but I have the kind that makes my heart skip a few beats, leaves me standing with my mouth hanging open and I leave a trail of drool everywhere I walk. This is honestly going to be a life long love affair that will never leave my soul. I always knew, even if I could not admit it, that this woman was going to be mine. She may have done things to me in the past that was not what I would have liked but her beauty and spirit has always drawn me back to here like one of Pavlov's dogs, the bell rings and I am standing before her waiting for whatever she has to offer.


I am totally in love with my new home town (Florence, Oregon). I stand in amazement at the people who do not understand how special of a ville that she is. I went to a Thai restaurant at 1565 9th street yesterday and had some of the best food ever. (This is NOT a paid commercial, this is a guy saying go there and eat if you have any brains) While the food was fantastic my dinner companion made it a perfect meal.

We then headed to Siltcoos Lake and had dessert at a friends house that I am still lusting over this morning. Standing in their home and looking out over the lake I realized that the Florence area had won me over and I was in love. Everything from the allusive water cow (a cow with webbed feet that hangs out in the reeds), the dwarf sand dune yeti, the awesome people and the town itself makes this the site of true Nirvana.

I spent much of the day checking out my new home. I stopped by my church (Florence Christian Church) and cannot wait till Sunday. I went to Fred's and had a tour of the place, I even had a little time for a business meeting. I stopped at the DMV, picked up stuff so I could register to vote and went by the post office. None of this sounds exciting but every second that I spend exploring my new love brings a thrill to my heart.

I would like to make it clear, as I head off for another day of conquering my new world, what makes Florence perfect is not its beauty, weather or location but it is the people. I am so blessed to have so many friends that live here already. If I have not stopped by to say hi yet please give me a message so we can meet (inbox, email, whatever)...... I do love Florence!

9 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear of you being so so happy!...Intially I thought this was going to be a love letter to your daughter = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you at Fred's yesterday while you and some woman were looking at artichokes. I wanted to come up to you and introduce myself but I was not sure who the woman was that was with you. You are a hot looking guy and I can't wait till we get to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy Goss VelasquezApril 22, 2010 at 9:34 AM

    After everything you've been through, you deserve peace and happiness. I'm glad that Florence is the right fit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you, Michael, that you're in a blissful state. However, does this mean you won't be moving to Ohio?
    But, Florence sounds heavenly.
    Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you like a brother Michael, I am so glad to see you happy!!

    ~tn

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~~Michael, You and I both know how much you deserve this. God has an awesome plan for your life and I am so happy for you.I can't wait to hear about your church. You're in my prayers, and all I can say to you is, KEEP SMILING..<3 Your Friend, ALWAYS Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go get em cowboy....lol

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do realize that we know who you are DM.... knock it of and quit stalking people.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to know you're a monkey!

    ReplyDelete