Inbox

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Buried Treasure





This whole blog thing is nothing more then a diary of my life. It chronicles the things I do, the plans I have, what I am thinking and how I feel. It does amaze me to go back and read what I have written and wonder why I did some of those things but I suppose it is a guy thing. We men tend to act and then think but it does cause a little bit more excitement in our lives.



I am moving and packing my stuff up. this is actually the 3nd time to be packing in the last 4 months  but that is whole different story. I am going through things and tossing out stuff I do not want any longer. It is amazing some of the things that I have found that surprised me that I still had, I had even forgotten  or I even had no idea that I had it in the first place.

1) A love note from an old girlfriend wanting to know why I never wrote to her.

2) A love note to the same old girlfriend telling her I was sorry to have not written but that I will start writing beginning with this one.. (stamped, sealed but never mailed)

3) A copy of my ORIGINAL birth certificate. Proving once and for all that I am not secretly a Kenyan that was born a freak of nature with white skin and blue eyes. To my good Kenyan friend, this is not a slam to Kenya but instead to someone else.... :-)

4) A box of chocolates someone gave me in 2003 for Valentines day. I opened them and they are white instead of brown. I thought about trying one but chickened out.

5) An uncashed paycheck from 1997

6)  A book printed in 1856

7) 5th grade report card I hid in a Hardy Boys book and had claimed it was lost. Yes I still read the Hardy Boys sometimes.

8) A note that my older brother had written me telling me to have a great day. He died when I was 14. (this is a true treasure)

9) Several hundred dollars of currency from other countries. ( this would be a treasure if I were in Peru (maybe this summer) or the Dominican Republic)

10) A letter from an old Sunday School teacher telling me that if I did not straighten up I would  be in prison or dead by the time I was 30. I am not in prison so I must be dead.

Moving has so many little things that makes it exciting but those short moments when you find a treasure from your past are pretty great. I cannot wait to get this move over but till I arrive home I will enjoy everything that comes along with the journey. I always wonder what treasures others have found when they move.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a letter from all the teachers who told me I would be in prison one day.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't eat the white chocolate nor the yellow snow.

    ReplyDelete