Inbox

Monday, March 22, 2010

Why Oregon?





It has come to my attention that there are several people explaining why I am moving to Oregon that have not even bothered to ask me why myself. I do love a good gossip because it keeps me in the minds of people so PLEASE if you are out there gossiping about me please do not stop, keep it up or even better gossip even more. I decided that today is the day that I spill the beans (not sure what that phrase  exactly means but it does sound folksy). I do hope this blog does not stop the gossipers because that is not the intent. My actual goal for this blog will be to explain to people who actually have lives why I am moving to Oregon.

There are a few simple things to understand. In August of 2009 I decided to move to Florence, I loved the town, the weather and the people. Since August of last year I have slowly worked to establish business contacts and work out a plan for making an income in the small town. With my business having contacts is very important and I have established those that are required.

I could move to another city but Florence suits me perfectly. The weather is great, the scenery is awe inspiring and I am far away from the allergens that give me perpetual headaches. I have been to Florence several times and know the town better then any other up and down the coast.

I will most probably put my business office in Eugene or another major area but I will not be going to that office often. I am not coming to woo Big Foot into marriage, start a cult, become mayor of the universe or any of the other bizarre things a couple of people claim. It simply comes down to the fact that Florence is the perfect town and location for me and my daughter.

I love the people, the churches and the town as a whole. Florence is my new home town and I plan on embracing it to the fullest. I want to become part of the fabric that makes the town vibrant and be one of the reasons that other people fall in love with it.

Please feel free to ask me anything that you wish. You can even email me at fmcd2010@yahoo.com

Even if you use a temporary email address that is fine. I really just want to make sure that people know who I am, what I desire from this move and get a better understanding of myself personally.

Stupid Blog? Yes it is but I am moving in just days and wanted to say these things.

18 comments:

  1. I hope you know that Sherree Rodriguez is going around saying really spiteful things about you. People who know you just laugh it off but I would be concerned about the people who don't know you yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do realize that and the simple reason why is she sent me an email that I posted on the internet. I do not believe in hiding behind things and when gossip is spread I just let the world see it. The simple fact is I have the truth on my side and when people get to know me then anything she has said will be seen for what it actually is.

    I am saddened that she feels the way she does but I will not shy away from the truth. I will stand with my head held high and do what I know is right. I will not be intimidated by her multiple postings in the guise of other people on my different blogs.

    I hope she will understand that I am moving to Florence and I really do not look to having her as an enemy. I hope she can look into her heart, pray to God and then move on as Christian brothers and sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherree, since you read my blog I thought I would make an offer. Get a hold of me and lets pray together. I believe that two Christians cannot fight if they pray together and mean it. This is the way that Christians should settle any problems and lets stop trying to settle them the way the world would expect.

    I hope to hear from you soon.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly don't have a clue who you are but I sure do enjoy reading your thread. LOL I do know Florence and Eugene as I live North and East of them in Holley, Oregon a bit outside of Sweet Home..
    The light-heartedness has not gone unnoticed with this..know there is yet another Christian friend here who has no clue what it is you speak of except knowing the results of gossip but enjoys the way you deal with it..Have a blast in Oregon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN!!! Let wisdom prevail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you and your daughter much happiness in your hometown. I look forward to your blogs as do other people and can't wait to hear about your adventures in Florence! :-) awf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for BOTH you and Sherree. I hope everything works out between you two.

    ~tn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think she can pray with you Michael after she said the things about you that she did but don't worry because most people don't believe everything she said anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel that if you pray with her that there will be only one Christian praying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We can all pray with him, for both of them, then there will be lots of prayers being said. There is no such thing as too much praying.

    Posting as anonymous...LOL!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually do hope there is much prayer with my move and also with this situation....

    Not posting anonymous....lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. If the above is a picture of where you are moving to...then I can't say I blame you. It looks like a beautiful place! I wish you and your beautiful daughter much happiness there. God bless you both and I look forward to continue reading your blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Terri, it is a stunning area of the US.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You need to live in Florence a full year before you can say you like the weather... LOL 85" of rain and all the wind may make you change your mind. And find out of your allergic to pollen from conifers... if you are you'll be needing meds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lance M Hillier SrMarch 23, 2010 at 6:34 AM

    The nice thing about Florence is you don't need to worry too much about sunburns or deep tanning; most folks just rust... there are good people there, so all the est for you and your daughter... and Tillamook dairy products are great, and the tour through the creamery is worth the trip up the Coast...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Psalm 101:5
    Whoever slanders his neighbor in secret, him will I put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, him will I not endure.

    I think she needs to read her Bible again because we are ALL tired of her charade of piety.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Michael,
    I lived in Oregon for a few years when I was in HS (Sherwood) and I loved it there. I would love to go back sometime and show my kids the land because it is breath taking. I pray you and your daughter love it as much as I did. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kathryn, I am down to less then a week before I leave. I am very excited about the move and look so forward to everything.

    ReplyDelete