Inbox

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Three Wishes




Sitting around talking with friends and the age old question of what three wishes would you ask for came up. First off lets set the ground rules because we all know that the first wish should always be the ability to ask and be granted a  million more wishes. While I do appreciate the idea we decided to make a list of things that could actually happen. It was interesting to me that a bunch of guys were sitting around talking about wishes and not once did the name Sandra Bullock come up. I suppose that would go into the realm of fantasy and outside of any reality for schmucks like us. (I am not sure but I believe this is the first time I have used a Yiddish word in my blog. I now just have to figure out what Yiddish means and I will be set)

With great forethought and wisdom prevailing the massive combination of our testosterone laced brains went to work on this ancient question. It actually was quite surprising that we came up with a great list of things that seriously made sense. We did have to drop wishes like the Kansas City Chiefs going to the Super Bowl because we had agreed that the wishes had to be at least possible. So, without further delay this is the list of three things we decided on, it has been customized to fit each of us in names of people etc.

My list of three wishes

1) My daughter have a blessed and successful life. This does not always mean wealth, fame or worldly success but means doing what is right and knowing that she is doing what she should be at all points of her life.

2) Finding, getting to know and end up marrying my best friend. Even guys get sappy when we get honest with one another. Most guys do want a complete family we just do not tell the world about it.

3) My personal last wish will be fulfilled when I stand on that beach in August of 2050 and for that brief moment KNOW that all I did and went through was worth the final result.

I understand that every one of my wishes depends on me actively doing something to see that it comes true. I also understand that there are things that can derail my wishes that are out of my control but that is what makes them wishes. I have given up looking for the magic lamp in garage sales and no longer hold out that fame and fortune will just plop down in my lap. I would probably die of a heart attack if a blue guy with a turban showed up in my living room but last night several guys sat around and we wished.

What would you wish for?

8 comments:

  1. Happiness is all I want......

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was world peace, but then you said the wishes had to be possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about a million dollars but then realized that would not be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have to be rich or successful, I just want to be happy :-) awf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the three wishes that I would have are: My children and grandchildren will all be in heaven with me.
    That I can live the life that God wants me to live.
    To be content with what ever God wants me to have, weather single the rest of my life or to have someone to share my life with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiness and love has always and will forever be my wish and my wish has come true...I have a joy filled heart and anyone and everyone that knows me will always walk away feeling better about life...I have been blessed...To know me is to l♥ve me.....☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doug, you and I have had our run ins but I have always loved you as a brother. I honestly hope the best for you, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Is your wish anyone I know?

    ReplyDelete