Inbox

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Joys of Insanity




Today is a major get my rear in gear and get things done kind of day. I am moving in just a few days and I have months of work to get done before I go. This leaves me with a choice, I can either write a real blog about packing stuff up and making phone calls or I can just take the simple route and make a list of things I discovered while doing this explicitly horrendous job of packing, sorting etc.

Anybody who has ever read my blog knows it is now time for a list of ten discoveries...

1) The first day of packing everything is neatly put in boxes. The third day every thing is crammed in boxes. The fifth day everything is put on the curb for charity or the trash truck which ever comes first.

2) Moving trucks and or storage units are always two feet short of what you actually need.

3) You can dust, mop and vacuum everyday but when you move everything out of the room it is still filthy.

4) You start wishing that you could box up your pets along with your other stuff.

5) A box marked breakable means you WILL drop it.

6) The only friends who say they would help are out of town... Okay, I think we are all guilty of doing this.

7) Lunch means something greasy from a fast food place that makes you sick. The upside to this is you do not feel like eating again for days.

8) You pack up the shower curtain before you take your shower.

9) You realize you should have painted the inside of your house last year.

10) Moving makes you insane but you so love where you are going that you actually find the Joys of Insanity.

See, that was not so bad. I guess it is time to get back to work.

5 comments:

  1. Just think of all the joy you will get when you get here and can unpack all that stuff.lol. When you do you will realize that you really didn't need to pack this or that and then you get rid of it. Also the reverse will happen, what you gave away before you moved is the very thing that you need now. Never ends. But God is Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to miss you, neighbor! I've enjoyed reading your blog. Trying to get hubby to read it. LOL! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you publish? Your profile says you are in the publishing business but your web site is not a publishing media but rather a site that posts other published sites.

    What type of publisher are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'd like to know what kind of a publisher you are too! Or is it just blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, do you not remember the books shipped to you or are you just trying to spread a lie as a rumor? Remember I do fight lies with the truth.

    I have 5 blogs that make an average of $28 dollars a day... each! And I spend around an hour total on the blogs a day. I am adding two blogs for a total of seven and I would have to say that is not bad money to make while eating breakfast. My guess is you wish your blog could have been as successful and you are just jealous.

    I do keep my blogs and websites separate so people like you two who make hit and run anonymous posts do not pollute everything. I really hate it when my stalkers do things like make several posts as different people. I just do not handle the schizophrenic multiple personality people very well.

    ReplyDelete