Inbox

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Am A Goy



 Being a Goy has nothing to do with the "don't ask don't tell" rule in the military. It is not the way a redneck would say "goys and gals" nor is it a huge goldfish in a Japanese pond.

Monday at sundown Passover began for my Jewish friends. I am not Jewish but a Goy (The first recorded usage of goy  occurs in Genesis 10:5 and applies to non-Israelite nations.) This term has come to mean just about anyone who is none Jewish. The Passover commemorates the emancipation of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. By following the rituals of Passover Jewish people relive and experience the true freedom that was gained. 

What does the Passover have to do with me? actually quite a bit. The Last Supper was probably part of a Passover meal and other parts of Christianity are related to the festival. I also see that at this time in my life I am leaving the familiar and I am headed out into the unknown. I too will put my faith in God and know that I will be in his hands.

I maybe updating my blog several times a day as this adventure begins or I may even skip a day. If I do skip a day I hope someone will start the rumor that I was attacked by vampires somewhere in the Arizona desert. I really do want cool rumors from now on and no more of the lame ones. Please use your head and create something a bit more unique or do not even bother starting a rumor.

Thanks.... till the next update have a Happy Passover.

3 comments:

  1. "Michael has eloped." Is that a good rumor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the vampire who kidnaps you, or the mother of the mother ship and beamed you up.Let's go sci-Fi on this one. :) :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike was abducted by aliens and is now on the Mothership!

    ReplyDelete