Inbox

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Evil In Oregon




Among the trees, hills, dunes, ocean front and inland waters sits the small town of Florence, Oregon. The town itself is picturesque looking as though Jean-François Millet would paint it if he were not dead, lived in the Pacific Northwest, painted trees and... okay, he probably would not paint Florence. The towns people seem friendly, kind and open to the idea of a stranger entering into their town and making it home and that is great news for me.

There is a problem with Florence though, nestled among the trees there lives a person who truly is evil. I am not talking about a person I do not like but instead someone who is so vile that Al Sharpton himself would tremble in the presence of this person. The beauty of the small town will never mask the reeking odor of horror that this person creates. Their actions, thoughts and deeds are always negative and are totally selfish never thinking about who or what they hurt or destroy.

The vast amount of citizenry of this small community are great people. They work hard, play hard and enjoy life to the fullest. Yet, it is that person who ruins if for the rest of the good people. They seem able to cause more pain, discomfort and problems then 100 other people put together. The evil one looks kind, is not an ugly person nor do they drool and slobber as they walk the town yet they are still evil.

The world revolves around them and they are always looking for help financially and even spiritually. They may go to church but that does not resolve the darkness of their heart. The evil one is cunning, a liar and has no shame in what they do or who they hurt. The evil one will do things for their own pleasure even if it hurts their own spawn.

The truth of the matter is I have not met this person, I do not even know who they are nor have I heard of them as of yet. I am aware that all towns have evil that exists within them as well as struggles, aches and other problems. I am not moving to Florence because I see it as a small town straight out of Walt Disney's mind. I am fully aware that there is evil there and I can handle that. The good news is the sheer number of great people who have made that small burg home.

As you read this little nothing of a blog I am sure almost everyone had a name that popped into their head of a person who fit the description of evil (except location). Every town has evil in it and most people have met it.

Now it is time to return to packing for my move to Florence.....

13 comments:

  1. You had me scared!!

    LOL...I thought you were talking about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Michael, I do know someone like that. No matter how hard you try to avoid that person, they seem to keep popping into your life. I guess all we can do is pray for them and let God deal with them. :-) awf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forewarned is forearmed... it saves getting nailed on the blind side, or feeling betrayed... I like the Western Montana philosophy I was exposed to, "Son, we don't care who you say you are, or know, or what you've done in the past. Here in our little corner of the world, we give you a clean chalkboard, and will judge you based on what you write on it, or erase from it down the road. Welcome to (town name here)."

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~~~~~You talking to me?~~~~~~~~~Nice blog..Beware of the wolf in sheep clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are those who you should not trust.... just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what did I create .... I guess better things are left unsaid .. sorry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last Anon, if you are who I think you are then there is no problem. I do appreciate all of the help you have been and for the encouragement. DO NOT WORRY..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is true and Florence is not far from me, but they are in every town large or small. They are in every church large or small..they just are..sometimes they are us..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is true and sobering, thanks for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that whole town is way more fucked up than you think

    ReplyDelete
  11. The truth is every town is messed up. Thankfully I am not running from anything so I am quite prepared to handle what ever I face when I arrive. I tend to make friends easily and find that I get along with a diverse crowd because I do not pigeon hole myself into one group. I know that there will be problems as I integrate myself into the town but I also know that I will do fine in the long run.

    ReplyDelete