Inbox

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Oregon Trail





This evening is when I start my journey westward but the odd thing is I am headed east first. This has nothing to do with the great talent that God has instilled in every man that makes him drive 100 miles around in circles before he will stop and ask for directions. I am actually off to see my grandmother in Tulsa before I leave. I may be there for a few hours to a couple of day depending on what the news is from her medical tests.

Once I leave Tulsa I get to drive 110 miles and pass my starting point again..... this does start sounding like the guy thing of driving in circles. I then head off to meander around the western and northern states stopping by and seeing people that I know. This is actually a good way to try and get someone to buy me lunch but I will have to see how good I am at the free lunch con. I wonder if driving 200 miles out of the way to get a free $5 lunch is worth the time or effort?

I will keep my blog up to date with my travels and promise to only pick up hitchhikers that are holding bloody knives and/or decapitated heads. I really do hope to make this an adventure instead of just moving. If you have any suggestions of things to do or you live between OKC and Oregon and want to buy me lunch then send me an email and I will stop by for the free food.

I added an admin to my blog so if I am out of contact or I end up being breakfast for some mountain lion and somebody decides to go nuts on the blog comments she can jump in and take care of it. She is one of my best friends and I trust her to do what is right so please do not send me emails tattling about some horrible thing she did. Till tomorrow when I get to tell you about the first of my travels.... Aloha... I think that is goodbye in Oregonese.

4 comments:

  1. Have a safe and rewarding trip. There is so much to see in this great country of ours. Hope to meet you when you finally get to Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to miss you Michael.

    ~tn

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you, Michael. I hope that your grandmother will be okay! This sounds like a great plan, to me! Why NOT enjoy the journey along the way! :-) awf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to you arriving here, I am praying for a safe trip for you.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete