Inbox

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wicked Witch of the West (coast)




As I prepare to skip down the yellow brick road towards the Emerald City there are a few things to point out. First, I am not taking a yellow brick road but I think I will take highways instead, I am not skipping but driving and I am not going to the Emerald City but instead I will stop short in a small town in Oregon. I do not have a black dog nor ruby slippers but I am escaping the heart of tornado alley so I guess this is a huge stretch to try and make this blog sound Wizard of Oz-ish.

The book and movie (yes, there actually was a book) was full of allegories talking about having no mind of your own (scarecrow) nor heart to do what was right (tin man) nor the bravery to stand up against evil (lion). Every character was a picture of a positive or negative characteristic in real life. I say that but I still have not figured out what the flying warrior monkeys stood for except for random coolness. I personally think a flying warrior monkey would be the ultimate pet but I digress.

The truth is while prepping for my trip to my new home I have not run into any robots, lions or aforementioned flying monkeys but I have run into the allegorical Wicked Witch of the West. This woman has robbed me of so much. She continually pops up out of nowhere takes a swipe at me then slithers away into the deep dark recesses of her own evilness.

I stand await with my bucket of water to melt the banshee of the Pacific North West but I never am armed and ready when she shows up. She is the cause of the vast majority of stress at this moment but I know that in just days I will have conquered her, destroyed her to the point of never slithering back out from under the slimy rock to attack me again (well at least in this endeavor). The Wicked Witch of the West (coast) may think she has won but in just days she will be utterly destroyed.

This vampire of a woman is Time itself. With each passing moment she is taking from me the precious resource that I need to accomplish everything. The wonderful thing about time though is as it clicks away towards a deadline the moment that deadline passes the threat that time poses evaporates. The Wicked Witch no longer can hold any threat over my head. Soon the deadline will pass and the magical powers of this evil woman will fade away never to come back to haunt me over this matter again.

I know people are tired of hearing about my move but it is almost over...... The Wicked Witch of the West Coast is about to die.........

6 comments:

  1. Lance M Hillier SrMarch 24, 2010 at 9:59 AM

    Time is indeed a wicked witch, in that it steals life at every breath, yet if looked at with a certain mind-set can make each breath a treasure of promise and fulfillment during the journey. Good luck on the highways and byways of life, Michael. Godspeed and God Bless... Moi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get rid of the wicked witch.You will find Glenda( the good witch) in your new town. I can not wait for that day, when all your bad memories are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with, Janet, Begone oh wicked witch!!!!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't wait till you get here Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of us in Florence are excited about your arrival. We are praying that you and your daughter have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete