Inbox

Thursday, March 4, 2010

True Chaos



My life has turned to a perfect example of true Chaos in just the last 24 hours. I really had assumed that I understood the whole idea of chaos because of what I have lived through in the last 3 months. God really does have a great sense of humor though, just as I thought I had learned how to live through bizarre times he turned it up a couple of notches. I would like to make the point that I LOVE change and enjoy challenges in my life. I actually get a thrill out of stress as long as I feel I can have some control over the situation.

Standard English translation

Robert Burns

Small, crafty, cowering, timorous little beast,
O, what a panic is in your little breast!
You need not start away so hasty
With hurrying scamper!
I would be loath to run and chase you,
With murdering plough-staff.
I'm truly sorry man's dominion
Has broken Nature's social union,
And justifies that ill opinion
Which makes thee startle
At me, thy poor, earth born companion
And fellow mortal!
I doubt not, sometimes, but you may steal;
What then? Poor little beast, you must live!
An odd ear in twenty-four sheaves
Is a small request;
I will get a blessing with what is left,
And never miss it.
Your small house, too, in ruin!
Its feeble walls the winds are scattering!
And nothing now, to build a new one,
Of coarse grass green!
And bleak December's winds coming,
Both bitter and keen!
You saw the fields laid bare and wasted,
And weary winter coming fast,
And cozy here, beneath the blast,
You thought to dwell,
Till crash! the cruel plough past
Out through your cell.
That small bit heap of leaves and stubble,
Has cost you many a weary nibble!
Now you are turned out, for all your trouble,
Without house or holding,
To endure the winter's sleety dribble,
And hoar-frost cold.
But little Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often askew,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!
Still you are blest, compared with me!
The present only touches you:
But oh! I backward cast my eye,
On prospects dreary!
And forward, though I cannot see,
I guess and fear!

Are you impressed I added poetry to this blog?

As my life is hurtling toward this chaotic state and things seemed out of control something strange happened. In the mail I received two signed CD's from my favorite singer Ava Aston. This really did brighten my day and yes this is a commercial. PLEASE check the link for her latest song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jut7s68pnpg. The package had several other great "goodies" as well. Please do not tell her I received the package because it will probably be a few hours till I get to email her a heart felt thanks.

I then was blessed with an absolute wonderful offer from a beautiful and wonderful new friend in Oregon that has taken so much immediate pressure off of my situation and then on top of this I talked to one of my best friends for half an hour. We did not talk about stress or pressure but she just let me escape for that 30 minutes.

It is funny when you realize that God is in control when things go strange and then you realize things are not so bad. Then when you have such great friends as these three women you begin to realize that it is not just you against the world but it is you, God and your friends as well. I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me and it is nice to know that you have friends along for the ride.

Rambling blog from a rambling mind today.

5 comments:

  1. I do not think I have read poetry since college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! My husband used to quote two lines from that poem --and 'til this moment I ne'er knew it came from a real, live poem!! : )
    "The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, gang aft agley."
    -- Ma Sands

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad use to recite that poem to us boys when we were growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, I have no doubt that wherever you are, you will succeed! It might not happen as quick as we think it should, but you have the right attitude and that makes a big difference in the long run! :-) awf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that my move is for the better it just is happening at a time I did not expect.

    ReplyDelete